POSCO E&C takes the initiative to develop desalination technology that helps ensure the reliable supply of water resources by removing the salts dissolved in seawater to produce water for industrial, agricultural and residential uses.
We have secured knowhow in desalination projects by successfully performing both EPC and O&M projects to desalinate seawater and supply industrial water at a volume of 30,000㎥/day to new plant around the Gwangyang provinces. This means that we now hold the record for the largest commercialization desalination plant in Korea.
Our Technology of Seawater Desalination
POSSTAR* (POSCO Sustainable Tomorrow with Advanced Reverse Osmosis)
- Pretreatment process with ceramic membrane and backwash
- Forward Osmosis flushing for Reverse Osmosis
- RO Permeate dilution depending on feed water quality
- Waste water blending with RO concentrate under regulation
DCS Design (UF-RO Direct Coupling System)
This design technology will can save more effectively capital and operating cost compared to the conventional design system.
- · Tankless : Innovative and compact system without intermediate storage tank and feed pump
- · Energy efficiency : Without additional driving force except first feed pressure
- · Nonstop flow : Continuous flow initial influent to final treated water