Definition and Scope
Purchase of environmentally-friendly products that minimize the resource depletion or environment contamination, or products with less impact on the environment and the human body than other products.
Certified Green Purchase
|GPT1 :||Environment-friendliness certified products|
|GPT2 :||GR (Good Recycled) certified products|
|GPT3 :||Energy saving products (Energy consumption efficiency rate 1-2, energy saving certified products, high-energy efficiency equipment and materials)|
In-house Green Purchase
|GPT4 :||Hazardous material reduced materials (lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent cadmium, PCB, asbestos, formaldehyde)|
|GPT5 :||Waste reduced materials (modified package unit, purchase on condition of waste recovery, refilling agreement, rechargeable products, etc.)|
|GPT6 :||Others (low-noise sound absorbents, products certified of environmentally-friendliness in foreign countries):
* Blue Angel (Germany), Eco Mark (Japan), EU Flower (EU), Environmental Choice (Canada), Green Seal / Energy Star (U.S.)
POSCO Group drives the green purchase system in a strategic manner to deliver environmentally-friendly quality products to consumers at optimal prices in time. To achieve this objective, POSCO strictly complies with the following principles.
- First, POSCO shall be compliant with regulations and fulfil its social responsibilities to protect the environment and preserve natural resources with every purchase activity.
- Second, POSCO shall establish well-defined collaboration relationship with suppliers to realize the environment-relevant policies of POSCO in every purchase activity.
- Third, POSCO shall commit its best efforts to deal with the best suppliers for the purposes of a stable production of environmentally-friendly products, consistent quality improvements and a reduction in total costs.
- Finding Out Eco-friendly Products
- Finding out products in six major types of products
- Operation of a proposal system for the supply of environmentally-friendly products by suppliers
- Registering Environment-friendly Products
- Marking of environmentally-friendly information on each product
- Clear marking of environmentally-friendliness
- Drive of Green Purchase
- Mandatory review of environmentally-friendliness
- Preferential purchase of environmentally-friendly products
- Achievement Management
- Quarterly achievement recording (by type and company)
- Announced in a manner that alerts people inside and outside the company to it
- Achievement Management
POSCO Group aggressively practices the green purchase system to enhance the value of the corporation through environmentally-friendly operation for protecting natural environment and society. For this effect, the group commenced the green purchase guidelines from July, 2002, and preferentially purchases six types of environmentally-friendly products including: those certified of the environment label of the Ministry of Environment; those certified of Good Recycled label of the Ministry of Industry and Resources; energy saving products; those reduced of harmful materials; those with reduced waste; and incombustible materials or products certified of environment labels in foreign countries.
Green Purchase Record(Unit: KRW 100M)
|Environment label certified||37,850||38,600||37,500|
|GR Mark certified||976||1,135||1,002|
|Energy saving certified||17,450||21,340||19,750|
|Harmful material reduced certified||4,286||4,775||3,500|
|Waste reduced certified||15||17||29|