We are unlocking the next
frontier in smart construction.
At POSCO E&C, we constantly push the boundaries of technology. We enhance safety and operational efficiency at construction sites by applying digital technologies and transformative engineering applications.
State-of-the-art Technologies Put to Work on Construction Sites.
High-precision and 3D analysis of project sites
Drone images are used to render high-precision 3D mapping of terrain.
Big Room technique and building information modeling (BIM) processes are employed to generate optimal designs.
Virtual design and construction
Virtual design models are used to build three-dimensional floorplans of temporary structures and equipment.
Automated construction management
Application of automated systems and autonomous robots enables efficient process control.
Construction and efficient operation
Digital twin models provide practical and efficient solutions for operation and maintenance.
Offer business value and enhance competitiveness
From the planning to construction phase of a project, a wide range of digital solutions such as building information modeling (BIM), smart tools, prefabrication applications, and pre-construction smart workflows are applied. Our Smart Construction Group harnesses the power of AI and data to standardize work processes. The Group also internalizes the latest technical knowledge through staff training programs and technology acquisition.
Our Industry-Leading Solutions
- Pre-construction In the pre-construction stage, systematic project management techniques are employed to minimize project cost, time and quality issues. This includes the Big Room, where all parties involved in a project are brought together into one room to identify and mitigate design errors.
- Prefabrication To enhance productivity, building components are prefabricated at factories and assembled at the construction site.
- BIM-based simulation Building information modeling software is used to simulate the layout of temporary structures or equipment and review safety risks and workflows, thereby optimizing processes and minimizing costs.
- Digital construction management High-resolution images of construction sites taken by 3D scanning drones are uploaded to the internet via mobile applications. Operators can easily access the images through smartphones or tablet PCs.
- Automated control systems GPS trackers and IoT tools are integrated into equipment and processes to automate control. Ground penetrating radars mounted on equipment help locate and avoid subsurface structures.
- Smart safety systems This technology controls site safety in real-time by monitoring gas levels in enclosed spaces, identifying workers’ locations, controlling hazardous substance storages, analyzing intelligent CCTV footages, and controlling drone safety.
IoT technologies make construction sites safer.
Our smart safety solutions apply IoT-based technologies to identify risk factors in real-time and take appropriate safety measures.
(* Top prize from the Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport at the 2020 Smart Construction Tech & Safety Expo)
01Face recognition system
02Smart bulletin board system
03Vehicle management system