Construction Technology of the Future,
the Era of Smart Construction.
The construction industry is shifting toward “smart construction” that applies digital transformation in construction methods to resolve the issues of the demand for cost reduction, shortage of construction engineers, and insufficient competency for handling projects.
Surreal Cutting-edge Technologies in Construction Sites.
High-precision and 3D analysis of project sites
Project sites are analyzed in 3D-space with high precision using drones and 3D scanners.
We provide an optimal design through Big Room and building information modeling (BIM).
We make construction plans, including plans for temporary structures and equipment arrangement, in 3D formats.
Automated construction management
We utilize automated technologies for construction equipment and walking robots.
Completion and efficient operation
We provide practical and efficient methods for operation, repair, and maintenance through digital twin.
New Business Value Generation and Enhancing Competitiveness
POSCO E&C broadly applies building information modeling (BIM), Smart Tools, prefabrication, and smart workflow, from design to construction for carrying out projects. Our “Smart Construction Group” standardizes work processes that focus on data and artificial intelligence (AI) associated with digital transformation. We intend to have in-house capabilities to the extent of company by adoting new technologies and training employees.
Innovative Technologies of POSCO E&C.
- Pre-construction Pre-construction is one of the ways to manage a project. It gathers all companies that take part in the project in the Big Room to eliminate design errors and optimize costs, time, and quality through a systematic and advanced system.
- Prefabrication Prefabrication is the practice of manufacturing construction components in factories or a separate location and assembling them on-site. This method further enhances site productivity.
- BIM-based virtual construction This is a method of optimizing construction processes and costs through plans for temporary structures, equipment arrangement, process review, and safety risk review. It uses a BIM-based virtual construction before the actual construction kicks off.
- Digital construction management This web-based digital system for managing sites immediately processes and uploads highly precise data collected through drones or 3D scanners through cloud app. The data can be retrieved and used at all times using mobile devices or tablet PCs.
- Automation of construction equipment Construction equipment is linked with GPS and Internet of Things (IoT) for automated equipment control. This is a non-intrusive technology that also links with a ground penetrating radar (GPR) to enable automatic surveying of underground utilities.
- Smart Safety This technology controls site safety in real-time by monitoring gas levels in enclosed spaces, identifying workers’ locations, controlling hazardous substance storages, analyzing intelligent CCTV footages, and controlling drone safety.
Safer Sites with Intelligent IoT!
The smart safety solutions of POSCO E&C apply IoT-based technologies to identify risk factors in real-time and take appropriate safety measures.
(* Received the Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Award (1st Place) for the 2020 Smart Construction Tech & Safety Contest)
01Face recognition system
02Smart bulletin board system
03Vehicle management system